Tuition Assistance Resources

The Children’s Center of the Upper Valley provides a sliding scale tuition program. Funds for this program come from a grant from the Granite United Way, fundraising events and tuition fees. There are additional resources available to families through a variety of subsidies and scholarships to help offset the cost of tuition. Here is a list of possible child care resources for New Hampshire and Vermont residents:


New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services

Division for Children, Youth and Families, Child Development Bureau,

129 Pleasant St., Concord, NH 03301.

Phone: 603-271-8153, Toll Free: 800-852-3345,


New Hampshire Child Care Resource & Referral,

Local Child Care Resource &Referral:

Family School Connections

1 College Dr. Rm. 253

Claremont, NH 03743
Phone: 603543-4295, Toll Free: 877-212-7267


2-1-1 New Hampshire

Toll Free: 866-444-4211,


Vermont Department for Children and Families

Child Care Financial Assistance,


Vermont Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies

Child Care Project,

17 ½ Lebanon St.,

Hanover, NH 03755,

Phone: 603-646-3233,Toll Free: 800-323-5446,


Employer/College Support
Some employers (or colleges, if you are a student) provide child care scholarships, discounts, or on-site child care at reduced rates.


Tax Credits and Assistance
Find out what tax programs you might be eligible for to assist you with your child care needs.


Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
You may be able to lower your taxes and even get up to several thousand dollars back if you qualify for the EITC. To qualify you must be working full or part-time and make less than a certain amount based upon family size. You don’t have to owe any taxes to get the EITC.

Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit
If you have a child under 13 and owe federal income taxes, this tax credit can help cover a portion or all of the taxes you owe if you qualify.


Dependent Care Assistance Programs
Your employer may offer this program which allows you to have money taken out of your paycheck tax-free and put into a special account to be used for child care tuition reimbursement. The main purpose of this type of program is to lower the amount of taxes you have to pay during the year. However, you can’t claim any money you put into this account for the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit (described above).
If you have questions contact Jennifer Hosmer at or Lianne Heiser at















Home | About | Program | After School | Photos | Donations | Enrollment | Affiliates | Nutrition | Contact

Copyright 2012. Children's Center of the Upper Valley. All Rights Reserved. Houston Web Design.